REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Clamp the pump input hose.
- Place a drip pan under the car.
- Disconnect the hoses from the pump.
- Loosen the pump and remove the drive belt.
- Unbolt and remove the pump.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Adjust the drive belt its longest straight run. Bleed the system.
BLEEDING THE POWER STEERING SYSTEM
System capacity is 1.33 qts.
- Completely fill the reservoir.
- Start the engine and slowly turn the steering wheel from lock to lock and back to the mid-point.
- Fill the reservoir to the FULL HOT mark.
- Turn the steering wheel from lock to lock again.
- Add fluid as necessary.