- Remove the Instrument Panel (I/P) cluster trim plate bezel.
- Remove the HVAC control module retaining screws.
- Pull the HVAC control module straight out from the I/P.
- Connect the aspirator hose to the HVAC control module.
Disconnect the HVAC control module electrical connector.
The key should be in the off position when connecting the HVAC control module electrical connector to ensure proper calibration.
- Connect the HVAC control module electrical connector.
Install the HVAC control module into the I/P opening.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems. Install the HVAC control module retaining screws and tighten the screws to 22 inch lbs. (2.5 Nm).
Install the IP cluster trim plate bezel .
NOTEFor Automatic Control Panel, do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result.
- The engine must be running for proper calibration to occur.
- Start and allow the engine to run for a least one minute.