Removal & Installation
- Disconnect all the electrical connectors at the Ignition Control Module (ICM).
- Note the position of the spark plug wires for installation and disconnect the spark plug wires from the ignition coils.
- Remove the screws securing the coil assemblies to the ignition control module.
- Disconnect the coils from the ignition control module.
- Remove the fasteners securing the ignition control module assembly to the engine.
Remove the ignition control module from the bracket.
- Install the ignition control module on the bracket.
- Install the coils to the ignition control module.
Install the fasteners securing the ignition control module assembly to the engine.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the screws securing the coil assemblies and tighten the screws to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
- Connect the spark plug wires as noted during removal.
- Connect the electrical connectors to the ignition control module.