REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Jack up the front end of the car, and support the car at the frame with jackstands so the control arms hang free.
- Remove the shock absorber. Disconnect the stabilizer bar at the steering knuckle.
- Support the inner end of the control arm with a floor jack.
- Raise the jack enough to take the tension off the lower control arm pivot bolts.
- Chain the spring to the lower control arm.
- Remove first the rear, then the front pivot bolt.
- Cautiously lower the jack until all spring tension is released.
- Note the way in which the spring is installed in relation to the drain holes on the control arm and remove it.
- Position the spring to the control arm and raise it into place.
- Install the pivot bolts and tighten the nuts to 100 ft. lbs.
- Replace the shock absorber and stabilizer bar.
- Remove the jackstands, then carefully lower the vehicle.