REPLACEMENT & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery.
- Pull the light switch knob to the "on" position.
- Reach under the instrument panel and depress the switch shaft retainer, then remove the knob and shaft assembly.
Disconnect the vacuum hose on the vacuum-operated headlamp models.
- Remove the retaining ferrule nut.
- Remove the switch from the instrument panel. Disconnect the multi-plug connector from the switch.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal. In checking the lights before installation, the switch must be grounded to test the dome lights on some models.