REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the lower A/C duct or lower instrument panel trimplate, if necessary, to gain access.
- Remove the lower instrument panel trimplates.
- Reach up behind the speedometer and find where the cable attaches to the speedometer head. Press the retaining clip downward and slide the cable from the head.
- Slide the old cable core from the casing. If the core is broken, raise the car and remove the cable retaining clip from the transmission. Pull out the remaining piece of the core.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
Before installing, the core should be wiped clean and the casing flushed out with solvent. Before inserting the core into the case, coat the lower two-thirds of the core with a speedometer cable lubricant; do not lubricate the upper third of the cable.