REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the door trim panel(s) as outlined earlier in this section.
- With the glass in the half raised position (on coupe), or full up position (on sedan), mark the location of the mounting screws, then remove the following components:
- The front belt stabilizer and trim retainer.
- The rear belt stabilizer and pin assembly.
- The front up-travel stop (on the glass).
- The rear up-travel stop (on the glass).
- Remove the vertical guide upper and lower screws, then disengage the guide assembly from the roller and lay in the bottom of the door.
- Position the glass to expose the lower sash channel cam nuts, then remove the nuts through the inner panel access hole.
- While supporting the glass, separate it from the lower sash channel cam.
- Raise the glass slowly and slide it rearward.
- Tilt the top of the glass inboard until the front up-step roller clears the front loading hole at the inner panel belt reinforcement.
- Rotate the glass rearward 45°, then raise it slowly to clear the glass attaching screws through the belt loading holes.
- Install the glass and engage it in the lower sash channel cam, fasten the nuts.
- Engage the slide assembly to the roller and fasten the vertical guide upper and lower screws.
- Install the components removed in Step 2.
- Install the trim panel(s) and tighten the hardware fasteners to 90-125 inch lbs. (10-14 Nm)
- Remove the door panel(s) as outlined earlier.
- To rotate the window, loosen the front and rear up-stops, adjust the inner panel cam and the up-stops, then tighten the screws.
- To adjust the window's upper inboard and outboard edge, perform the following procedures:
- Position the window in the partially down position.
- Loosen the vertical guide upper support (lower) screws, which are accessible through the inner panel access holes.
- Loosen the pin assembly screws, the rear up-stop screw and the front belt stabilizer screw.
- Adjust the vertical guide upper support and pin assembly (in or out) as required, then tighten the screws. Adjust and tighten the other components.
When adjusting the glass, make sure it remains inboard of the blow-out clip, when cycled.
- If the window is too far forward or rearward, position the window partially down, loosen the vertical guide (upper and lower) screws, then adjust as required.
- If the window is too high or low in its UP position, adjust the front and rear up travel stop.
- If the window is too high or low in its DOWN position, adjust the down travel stop.
- If the window binds during the up and down operations, adjust the front and/or rear belt stabilizer pin assemblies.