REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- On models equipped with a tilt and telescope column, pry up the three tabs on the plastic lock cover. On other models, remove the three screws.
- Depress the steering wheel lock plate and pry the snapring from the shaft.
- Remove the lock plate, cancelling cam, and upper bearing spring.
- Remove the turn signal lever. Push the hazard warning knob in and unscrew the knob.
- Remove the turn signal switch screws and pull the switch up out of the way.
- Turn the ignition key to the RUN position.
- Insert a long thin screwdriver into the slot in the upper bearing housing and depress the release tab while pulling the cylinder from the column.
- Insert a new lock cylinder into the column after aligning the key on the cylinder with the keyway in the column.
- Press inward on the cylinder while turning it clockwise.
- The rest of the installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Connect the negative battery cable.