When bleeding the brake system, observe the following:
- The reservoir on the master cylinder must be at the MAX (upper) level mark at the start of the bleeding procedure and checked after bleeding each brake caliper. Add fluid as required.
- Make sure the brake fluid level in the reservoir is at the MAX (upper) level line.
- Slide a piece of clear plastic hose over the bleed screw, and submerge the other end in a container of new brake fluid.
- Have someone slowly pump the brake pedal several times, then apply steady pressure.
- Loosen the left-front brake bleed screw to allow air to escape from the system. Then tighten the bleed screw securely.
- Repeat the procedure for each caliper until no air bubbles are in the fluid. Bleed the calipers in the sequence shown.
Refill the master cylinder reservoir to the MAX (upper) level line.