- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Recover the refrigerant with a recovery/recycling charging station.
- Remove the front bulkhead cover.
- Remove the bolt, then disconnect the receiver line B from the A/C condenser.
- Remove the bolts, then disconnect the discharge hose from the A/C condenser.
- Remove the bolts, the radiator upper mount brackets, and the hood opener bracket.
- Remove the clip, the bolts, and the A/C condenser upper mount brackets.
Remove the A/C condenser by lifting it up.
WARNINGBe careful not to damage the radiator and A/C condenser fins when removing the A/C condenser.
- Install the A/C condenser in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Tighten all fasteners to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- If you're installing a new A/C condenser, add refrigerant oil (DENSO ND-OIL 8).
- Replace the O-rings with new ones at each fitting, and apply a thin coat of refrigerant oil before installing them. Be sure to use the correct O-rings for HFC-134a (R-134a) to avoid leakage.
- Immediately after using the oil, reinstall the cap on the container, and seal it to avoid moisture absorption.
- Do not spill the refrigerant oil on the vehicle; it may damage the paint; if the refrigerant oil contacts the paint, wash it off immediately.
- Evacuate and charge the system.