Removal & Installation
This procedure requires the use of the following special tools, or their equivalents:
Holder handle 07JAB-001020AHolder attachment, 50 mm, offset 07MAB-PY3010ASocket, 19 mm 07JAA-001020A
- Raise an safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the right front wheel.
- Remove the splash shield.
- Remove the drive belt, as outlined in this section.
- Hold the pulley with the holder handle (A) and holder attachment (B).
Remove the bolt with a heavy duty 19 mm socket (C) and breaker bar, then remove the crankshaft pulley.
Remove any oil or clean the pulleys (A), crankshaft (B), bolt (C), and washer (D). Lubricate with new engine oil as shown.
WARNINGNever use an impact wrench to tighten the crankshaft pulley bolt.
Install the crankshaft pulley, and tighten the bolt, as follows:
- Hold the pulley with the holder handle (A) and holder attachment (B), then tighten the bolt to 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm) with a torque wrench and heavy duty 19 mm socket (C).
Mark the bolt head (D) and crankshaft pulley (E) as shown, then tighten the bolt an additional 60°(The mark on the bolt head line up with the mark on the crankshaft pulley).
- Install the drive belt.
- Install the splash shield.
- Install the right front wheel.