Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
- Drain the oil.
- Remove the splash shield.
- Remove the front subframe stiffener.
- Remove the front exhaust pipe.
- Remove the catalytic converter bracket.
- Remove the torque converter cover.
- Remove the 4 lower transaxle-to-engine bolts.
- Remove the oil pan bolts.
- Pry at the pry-points to break loose the oil pan.
- Clean the pan and all mounting surfaces thoroughly.
- Apply RTV gasket material to the oil pan flange as shown.
Position the pan on the block and install the bolts. Torque the bolts, in the sequence shown, in 2 even steps, to 104 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
NOTEWait at least 30 minutes before filling with oil.
- Torque the transaxle bolts to 54 ft. lbs. (74 Nm).
- Install the cover.
- Install the converter bracket.
- Install the exhaust pipe using new gaskets and new self-locking nuts. Torque the flange-to-crossover nuts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm), the hanger bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm) and the flange-to-converter nuts to 25 ft. lbs. (33 Nm).
- Install the stiffener. Torque the bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Install the splash shield.
- Refill the engine oil.