Honda Ridgeline 2006-2008
- Check the oil pump components for wear or damage.
Check the inner-to-outer rotor radial clearance between the inner rotor (A) and outer rotor (B). If the inner-to-outer rotor clearance exceeds the service limit of 0.008 in. (0.20 mm), replace the oil pump assembly.
Check the housing-to-rotor axial clearance between the rotors (A) and pump housing (B). If the housing-to-rotor axial clearance exceeds the service limit of 0.005 in. (0.12 mm) , replace the oil pump assembly.
Check the housing-to-outer rotor radial clearance between the outer rotor (A) and pump housing (B). If the housing-to-outer rotor radial clearance exceeds the service limit of 0.008 in. (0.20 mm), replace the oil pump assembly.
- Inspect both rotors and pump housing for scoring or other damage. Replace the parts, if necessary.
- Apply liquid thread lock to the pump housing screws, then install the oil pump cover.
- Check that the oil pump turns freely.
Removal & Installation
Honda Ridgeline 2006-2008
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Remove the bulkhead cover.
- Remove the intake manifold cover.
- Remove the drive belt.
- Remove the power steering pump and the line bracket. Set the pump aside without disconnecting the lines.
- Remove the caps from the front strut mounting nuts. Position the engine hanger adapters (VSB02C000024) with the FRONT mark facing forward, over the flange nuts.
Install the balancer bar (VSB02C000019):
- Attach the front arm (A) to the front head with spacer (B) and a 10x1.25mm bolt (C)
- Attach the rear arm (D) to the rear head with an 8x1.25mm bolt (E).
Install the support hanger (AAR-T-12566):
- Attach the hook to the slotted hole in the balancer bar.
- Tighten the wing nut (F) by hand to lift and support the engine/transaxle assembly.
- Remove the timing belt.
- Remove the crankshaft position sensor.
- Remove the VTEC solenoid valve/oil filter assembly.
- Remove the oil pan.
- Remove the oil screen.
- Remove the oil pump.
- Discard the oil seal.
- Tap a new seal into place until it bottoms.
- Thoroughly clean and dry all gasket surfaces.
Apply a bead of RTV gasket material to the pump mating surface of the block.
NOTEThe oil pump must be installed within 4 minutes of applying the gasket material.
- Apply all-purpose grease to the seal lip and clean engine oil to the new O-ring (A).
- Install the dowel pins (B) then align the inner rotor with the crankshaft and install the oil pump (C).
- Install the screen (D) with a new O-ring (E).
Install the VTEC solenoid valve/oil filter assembly, using a new filter.
- Install the oil pan.
- Install the CKP.
- Install the timing belt.
- Remove the engine hanger.
- Install the caps on the strut.
- Install the power steering pump. Torque the mounting bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the drive belt.
- Install the bulkhead cover.