Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
Turn the crankshaft so the white mark aligns with the pointer.
Make sure the number 1 piston is at Top Dead center (TDC).
- Make sure the anti-theft codes for the audio system and navigation system (if equipped) are available.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable
- Remove the wheels and engine splash shield.
- Remove the drive belts.
- Support the engine with a block of wood and a jack under the oil pan.
- Remove the ground cable bracket.
- Remove the upper side engine mount.
- Remove the dipstick tube.
Remove the crankshaft pulley using holder tool shown in the accompanying illustration and a breaker and socket, loosen the 19mm bolt and remove the pulley.