Removal & Installation
The control arm bushings are an integral part of the lower control arms and not serviced separately.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Disconnect the stabilizer link from the strut.
- Remove and discard the lower ball joint nut.
Separate the lower ball stud from the knuckle.
- Remove and discard the lower arm horizontal and vertical bolts.
Remove the lower arm.
- Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- Use new bolts and nuts.
- Install all fasteners loosely, then, final torque all fasteners with the suspension loaded (weight of the car).
- Never back off the ball stud nut to align the cotter pin holes. Always tighten it to align.
Observe the following torque specifications:
Vertical lower arm bolt: 83 ft. lbs. (113 Nm)