Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the brake hose bracket bolt.
- Remove the caliper bracket bolts and caliper and support it out of the way.
- Remove the sensor from the knuckle.
- Unstake and remove the halfshaft end nut.
Remove the brake rotor.
NOTEIt may be necessary to push off the rotor by using two 8x1.25mm bolts in the holes provided.
- Remove the nut and disconnect the tie rod end from the knuckle.
- Remove the ball stud nut and separate the lower control arm from the knuckle.
- Remove the strut-to-knuckle bolts/nuts.
Pull the knuckle outwards while tapping the end of the halfshaft with a plastic hammer.
- Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- Use new bolts and nuts.
- Install all fasteners loosely, then, final torque all fasteners with the suspension loaded (weight of the car). Never back off the ball stud nut to align the cotter pin holes.
- Always tighten it to align.
Observe the following torque specifications:
Strut-to-knuckle: 156 ft. lbs. (211 Nm)