Honda Ridgeline 2006-2008
- Measure resistance between fuel tank unit 5P connector terminals No. 1 and No. 2 with the float at E (EMPTY), LOW (LOW FUEL INDICATOR), 1/2 (HALF FULL), and F (FULL) positions.
If you do not get the following readings, replace the fuel gauge sending unit.
- Reconnect the fuel tank unit 5P connector.
- Remove the No. 15 BACK UP (40 A) fuse from the under-hood fuse/relay box for at least 10 seconds, then reinstall it.
- Turn the ignition switch ON .
- Check that the pointer of the fuel gauge indicates F with the float at the full point.
- If the pointer of the fuel gauge does not indicate F replace the gauge control module.
If the gauge is OK, the test is complete.
NOTEThe pointer of the fuel gauge returns to the bottom of the gauge dial when the ignition switch is OFF, regardless of the fuel level.
- Remove the No. 15 BACK UP (40 A) fuse from the under-hood fuse/relay box for at least 10 seconds after completing troubleshooting, otherwise it may take up to 20 minutes for the fuel gauge to indicate the correct fuel level.