- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Drain the fuel tank.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the exhaust pipe.
- Remove the propeller shaft, and support it with jackstands.
- Remove the fuel tank protector (A).
- Loosen the clamp (B), and disconnect the tube (C).
- Open the clamp (D).
- Disconnect the hoses (E). Slide back the clamps, then twist the hoses as you pull to avoid damaging them.
- Place a jack or other support under the tank (F).
- Remove the strap bolts and the straps (G).
Remove the fuel tank.
- Install the parts in the reverse order of removal.
- Tighten tank strap bolts to 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm).
- Tighten tank protector nuts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).