Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the rear back seat.
Remove the access panel on the floor.
Remove the fuel tank module lockring using the special tool.
- Remove the bracket.
- Remove the clip.
Remove the fuel pressure regulator.
Check these items before installing the fuel tank unit:
- When connecting the wire harness, make sure the connection is secure and the connectors are firmly locked into place.
- When installing the fuel gauge sending unit, make sure the connection is secure and the connector is firmly locked into place. Be careful not to bend or twist it excessively.
Install the parts in the reverse order of removal with new O-rings.
NOTECoat the O-rings with clean engine oil.
- When installing the fuel tank unit, align the marks on the unit and the fuel tank.
- Torque the lockring to 69 ft. lbs. (93 Nm).