Removal & Installation
Do not insert your fingers into the installed throttle body when you turn the ignition switch ON or while the ignition switch is ON . If you do, you will seriously injure your fingers if the throttle valve is activated.
If you are replacing the throttle body, begin at Step 1. If you are removing the throttle body temporarily, begin at Step 5.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Connect the HDS or equivalent OBD II scan tool while the engine is stopped.
- Select the INSPECTION MENU with the HDS.
- Do the TP LEARNING CHECK in the ETCS TEST.
- Disconnect the MAP sensor connector.
- Remove the intake air duct.
- Disconnect the throttle body connector.
- Disconnect and plug the water bypass hoses.
Remove the harness clip and the throttle body.
- Install the parts in the reverse order of removal with a new gasket.
Tighten throttle body nuts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
NOTEDo the PCM idle learn procedure after the throttle body has been replaced.
- Refill the radiator with engine coolant.