Removal & Installation
This procedure requires the use of KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014, or equivalent trim tool set.
Always use the proper tool from the trim tool set to avoid damage when prying components. Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts. Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait at least 3 minutes.
- Open the front door, and remove the driver-s dashboard lower cover (A), as follows:
Remove the driver's dashboard lower cover (A), as follows:
- Remove the screw (B) from the driver-s dashboard lower cover.
- Pull out the bottom of the driver-s dashboard lower cover to release the clips (C) and hooks (D).
Disconnect the VSA
switch connector (E), the cruise control switch connector (F), the in-car temperature sensor connector (G), and the air hose (H).
Remove the steering column covers, as follows:
- Place the wheels in the straight-ahead position.
- Remove the steering wheel air bag access cover and disconnect the air bag connector from the cable reel.
- Remove the 2 Torx® bolts, one each side of the steering wheel hub.
- Disconnect the horn switch connector.
- Remove the air bag.
- Disconnect the cable reel harness.
- Remove the steering wheel nut.
Using a puller, remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the steering coupler cover from the floor.
- Set the column shaft to the neutral position by raising the column to the uppermost position, then lower it 8mm (0.31 in.). Tighten the tilt lever.
- Remove the column covers.
- Disconnect the dashboard wire harness 12P connector (A) from the combination switch control unit (B).
Remove the two screws, then slide out the combination switch control unit.
- Install the combination switch and tighten the retaining screws.
- Attach the switch electrical connector.
- Install the steering wheel covers in the reverse of the removal procedure.
Install the dashboard lower and side covers in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Make sure all connectors are plugged in properly, and the air hose is connected properly.
- Replace any damaged clips.
- Push the clips and hooks into place securely.