Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait at least 3 minutes.
- Open the front door, and remove the driver-s dashboard lower cover (A), as follows:
Remove the driver's dashboard lower cover (A), as follows:
- Remove the screw (B) from the driver-s dashboard lower cover.
- Pull out the bottom of the driver-s dashboard lower cover to release the clips (C) and hooks (D).
Disconnect the VSA
switch connector (E), the cruise control switch connector (F), the in-car temperature sensor connector (G), and the air hose (H).
Remove the steering column covers, as follows:
- Place the wheels in the straight-ahead position.
- Remove the steering wheel air bag access cover and disconnect the air bag connector from the cable reel.
- Remove the 2 Torx® bolts, one each side of the steering wheel hub.
- Disconnect the horn switch connector.
- Remove the air bag.
- Disconnect the cable reel harness.
- Remove the steering wheel nut.
Using a puller, remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the steering coupler cover from the floor.
- Set the column shaft to the neutral position by raising the column to the uppermost position, then lower it 8mm (0.31 in.). Tighten the tilt lever.
- Remove the column covers.
- Disconnect the dashboard wire harness 12P connector (A) from the combination switch control unit (B).
Remove the two screws, then slide out the combination switch control unit.
- Install the combination switch and tighten the retaining screws.
- Attach the switch electrical connector.
- Install the steering wheel covers in the reverse of the removal procedure.
Install the dashboard lower and side covers in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Make sure all connectors are plugged in properly, and the air hose is connected properly.
- Replace any damaged clips.
- Push the clips and hooks into place securely.