Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Matchmark and disconnect the driveshaft.
- Remove the halfshafts.
- Place a transmission jack under the rear differential (A).
Disconnect the 6P (B) and 2P (C) connectors, then remove the mounting bolts (D) and washer (E).
- Lower the unit slightly and disconnect the breather hose.
- Remove the differential.
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- Tighten the horizontal mounting bolts to 63 ft. lbs. (85 Nm).
- Tighten the vertical mounting bolts to 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).