- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the wheels.
Disconnect tie rod end.
- Remove the cotter pin and nut.
- Disconnect tie rod end from the steering knuckle.
- Matchmark the tie rod end to the tie rod.
- Loosen the tie rod end locking nut.
- Carefully remove the tie rod end, counting the number of revolutions (or threads) for installation reference.
Install the tie rod end.
- Carefully install the tie rod end, counting the number of revolutions until it reaches the reference from the removal.
- Tighten the tie rod end locking nut.
- Connect the tie rod end to the steering knuckle and tighten the nut to xx ft. lbs. (xx Nm).
- Install a new cotter pin.
- Install the wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check the toe-in measurement.