Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Make sure the anti-theft codes for the audio system and navigation system (if equipped) are available.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open the hood. Remove the caps, nuts (A), and the windshield wiper arms (B).
Remove the cowl covers (C).
- Disconnect the 5P connector (A) from the wiper motor.
Remove the four bolts (B) and wiper linkage assembly (C).
- Scribe a mark (A) across the link and windshield wiper linkage to show the original adjustment.
Separate the windshield wiper linkage (B) from the wiper motor (C).
Install in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Apply multipurpose grease to the moving parts.
- Tighten the retainers to the specifications shown in the accompanying illustrations.
- Before reinstalling the wiper arms, turn the wiper switch ON, then OFF to return the wiper shafts to the park position.
- If necessary, replace any damaged clips.
- Check the wiper motor operation.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Enter the anti-theft codes for the audio system and the navigation system (if equipped).
- Set the clock on vehicles without navigation.
- Perform the power window control unit reset procedure.