Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEDisconnecting the negative battery cable on some vehicles may interfere with the functions of the on-board computer systems and may require the computer to undergo a relearning process, once the negative battery cable is reconnected.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to properly disable the SRS system. See disarming/arming the SRS system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable.
- Remove the battery retainer screw and the retainer. Remove the battery.
Remove the insulator from the battery, if equipped.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Connect the positive battery cable then the negative battery cable. Torque the battery cables to 13 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).
- Using the GM diagnostic scan tool or aftermarket equivalent reprogram the necessary systems and components. Be sure to follow the scan tool manufacturer-s directions.