Removal & Installation
At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEDisconnecting the negative battery cable on some vehicles may interfere with the functions of the on-board computer systems and may require the computer to undergo a relearning process, once the negative battery cable is reconnected.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to properly disable the SRS system. See disarming/arming the SRS system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the necessary components in order to gain access to the switch.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
Remove the switch from its mounting. Discard the O-ring.
NOTEPosition a drain pan or shop towel near or under the switch to catch spilled oil. Be sure to properly dispose of used oil.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use a new O-ring.
- Using the GM diagnostic scan tool or aftermarket equivalent reprogram the necessary systems and components. Be sure to follow the scan tool manufacturer-s directions.