Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEDisconnecting the negative battery cable on some vehicles may interfere with the functions of the on-board computer systems and may require the computer to undergo a relearning process, once the negative battery cable is reconnected.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to properly disable the SRS system. See disarming/arming the SRS system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Drain the cooling system. Be sure to properly dispose of used coolant.
- Remove the upper radiator hose clamps.
- Remove the upper radiator hose from its mounting.
- Remove the lower radiator hose clamps.
- Remove the lower radiator hose from its mounting.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread sealer are identified. Do not use paints, lubricants or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to fill the cooling system with the proper grade and type coolant.
- Using the GM diagnostic scan tool or aftermarket equivalent reprogram the necessary systems and components. Be sure to follow the scan tool manufacturer-s directions.