Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEDisconnecting the negative battery cable on some vehicles may interfere with the functions of the on-board computer systems and may require the computer to undergo a relearning process, once the negative battery cable is reconnected.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to properly disable the SRS system. See disarming/arming the SRS system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Drain the cooling system. Be sure to properly dispose of used coolant.
- Remove the upper radiator hose clamps.
- Remove the upper radiator hose from its mounting.
- Remove the lower radiator hose clamps.
- Remove the lower radiator hose from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to fill the cooling system with the proper grade and type coolant.
- Using the GM diagnostic scan tool or aftermarket equivalent reprogram the necessary systems and components. Be sure to follow the scan tool manufacturer-s directions.