Removal & Installation
At this time the manufacturer does not provide removal and installation procedures for this component. The following procedure is a guideline and may differ from the vehicle you are servicing.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEDisconnecting the negative battery cable on some vehicles may interfere with the functions of the on-board computer systems and may require the computer to undergo a relearning process, once the negative battery cable is reconnected.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to properly disable the SRS system. See disarming/arming the SRS system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the ashtray. Remove the glove box door.
- Remove the cluster trim plate.
- Remove the windshield defroster nozzle grille.
Remove the lower trim plate.
- Remove the upper trim pad.
- Remove the right side trim plate.
Remove the steering column opening filler panel.
- Remove the knee bolsters deflector. Remove the left and right side moldings.
Remove the stoplamp switch.
NOTERemove this switch before fully lowering the steering column. Failure to do so may cause the switch to become damaged or thrown out of alignment.
- Remove the instrument panel insulator panel.
Remove the audio assembly.
- Remove the instrument cluster.
- Remove the accessory switch panels.
Remove the headlamp switch, instrument panel lamp and accessory switch panels.
- Remove the trunk release switch, if equipped.
- Remove the parking brake release lever and the air temperature sensor .
- Completely lower the steering column.
- Remove the required instrument panel electrical connectors.
- Remove the instrument panel lower brace.