Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEDisconnecting the negative battery cable on some vehicles may interfere with the functions of the on-board computer systems and may require the computer to undergo a relearning process, once the negative battery cable is reconnected.
NOTEIf working near and/or around the SRS system and components, be sure to properly disable the SRS system. See disarming/arming the SRS system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Depress the lever three inches.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Tighten the adjuster nut at the equalizer until the right rear wheel can just be turned rearward with two hands but cannot be turned forward.
- Release the lever.
- Rear wheels should turn freely.
Correct, as required.
- Using the GM diagnostic scan tool or aftermarket equivalent reprogram the necessary systems and components. Be sure to follow the scan tool manufacturer-s directions.