- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Turn the wheels to the left as far as possible. Recheck the fluid and fill to the COLD mark on the dipstick.
- Start the engine. Recheck the fluid level and fill to the COLD mark on the dipstick.
Rotate the steering wheel from lock-to-lock several times. Add fluid as necessary to maintain the HOT/COLD level on the dipstick.
Do not allow the steering wheel to hit the stops.
- Repeat above until the fluid level in the reservoir remains the same and all air is eliminated from the system.
- Return the wheels to the center position and continue to run the engine for two or three minutes, then shut it off.
- Roadtest the vehicle to be sure the steering system functions properly.
Recheck the fluid level. Be sure that it is at the HOT mark on the dipstick after the engine has stabilized at its normal operating temperature.