Removal & Installation
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
WARNINGThoroughly wash all contaminants from around the EHCU. The area around the EHCU must be free from loose dirt to prevent contamination of disassembled ABS components.
Disconnect the two electrical harness connectors from the EBCM.
NOTEMake sure that brake lines are tagged and kept in order for proper reassembly.
- Disconnect the 5 brake lines from the BPMV.
- Remove 2 bolts securing the BPMV mounting bracket to the BPMV.
- Disconnect the 2 way ABS pump motor connector.
Remove the four T-25 Torx® screws from the EBCM.
NOTEDo not use a tool to pry the EBCM or the BPMV. Excessive force will damage the EBCM. Do not reuse the EBCM mounting bolts. Always install new bolts.
- Remove the EBCM from the BPMV. Removal may require a light amount of force.
Clean the EBCM to BPMV mounting surfaces with a clean cloth.
Do not reuse the old mounting screws. Always install new mounting screws with the new EBCM. Do not use RTV or any other type of sealant on the EBCM gasket or mating surfaces.
- Install EBCM on to the BPMV.
- Install the four EBCM bolts and tighten to 39 inch lbs. (5 Nm) in an X-pattern.
- Connect the 2 way ABS pump motor connector to the EBCM.
- Install BPMV to EHCU bracket.
Connect the two electrical harness connectors to the EBCM.
WARNINGThe brake pipes are held in the proper place by a frame mounted plastic bracket. Make sure that the brake pipes stay in the correct place for proper reassembly.
- Install the 5 brake pipes to the BPMV and tighten the fittings to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Bleed the brake system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.