Removal & Installation
Drain the engine coolant.
CAUTIONBefore beginning this procedure, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section. Only a MVAC-trained, EPA-certified, automotive technician should service the A/C system or its components.
- Recover the refrigerant.
- Remove the instrument panel (I/P) carrier.
- Reposition the heater hose clamps using hose clamp pliers.
- Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core.
- Remove the retaining nut from the accumulator at the evaporator.
- Disconnect the accumulator from the evaporator.
- Disconnect the evaporator tube from the evaporator.
- Disconnect all of the electrical connectors to the HVAC module assembly.
- Remove the HVAC module assembly.
- If replacing the HVAC module assembly, transfer the components from the old HVAC module assembly as necessary.
- Install the HVAC module assembly.
- Connect all of the electrical connectors to the HVAC module assembly.
- Connect the heater hoses to the heater core.
- Connect the evaporator tube to the evaporator.
- Install the accumulator to the evaporator.
- Tighten the accumulator retaining nut to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
- Tighten the nut to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
- Install the I/P carrier.
- Evacuate and recharge the A/C system.
- Leak test the fittings of the components.
- Refill the engine coolant.