The oil pressure sender relays to the dash gauge the oil pressure in the engine.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and drain the engine oil.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical lead and unscrew the sensor.
- Coat the first two or three threads with sealer. Install the sensor and tighten until snug. Attach the electrical lead.
- Connect the battery cable and fill the engine with oil.
- Unplug the sender electrical connection.
- Connect one lead of a ohmmeter to the sender terminal and the other lead to the sender body.
- With the engine off the resistance should be approximately 1 ohm.
- Start the engine. The resistance should increase as the engine speed increases.
- If not, replace the sender.