Ignition Coil Module
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the spark plug wires from the Ignition Control Module (ICM) assembly. The ignition coils and the spark plug wires are numbered in order to aid assembly.
- If necessary, disconnect the electrical connector and vacuum hoses from the purge solenoid valve.
- If necessary, remove the nut and the purge solenoid valve.
- Remove the two bolts and one stud retaining the ignition control module assembly.
Remove the ignition control module assembly.
- Install the ICM to the assembly plate.
- Install the ignition coils.
- Install the ICM assembly onto the engine block. Tighten the ICM assembly bolts to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Install the remaining bolt and the stud. Tighten the bolts and the stud to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- If necessary, install the purge solenoid valve and tighten the retaining nut to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm). Connect the electrical connector and the vacuum hoses to the purge solenoid valve.
- Install the spark plug wires and ICM electrical connectors.
- Lower the vehicle
- Connect the negative battery cable.