The park brake must be adjusted any time the park brake cables have been replaced or disconnected, or if under heavy foot pressure the pedal travel is less than half the pedal total travel. Before adjusting the park brake, check the condition of the service brakes. The rear brakes must be adjusted properly before adjusting the park brake.
- Block the front wheels.
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Loosen the equalizer nut.
- Fully release the park brake pedal.
- Tighten the equalizer nut until the rear wheels will not rotate without excessive force in a forward direction.
- Loosen the equalizer nut until there is little or no drag when the rear wheels are rotated in a forward direction.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the blocks from the front wheels.