With Rear Disc Brakes
The park brake must be adjusted any time the park brake cables have been replaced or disconnected, if the park brake shoes have been replaced or if under heavy foot pressure the pedal travel is less than half the pedal total travel. Before adjusting the park brake, check the condition of the service brakes.
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the rear tires and wheels assembly.
- Remove the rear brake rotors.
- Remove the park brake cable from the park brake lever.
- Adjust the shoe diameter using the adjuster nut.
- Turn the adjuster nut clockwise to increase the diameter of the brake shoe. Adjust the brake shoe till it just starts to drag when the brake rotor is installed.
- Connect the park brake cable to the park brake lever.
- Install the rear brake rotors.
- Adjust the rear park brake cables, if necessary.
- Install the rear tires and wheels assembly.
- Remove the safety stands and lower the vehicle.
- Test drive to check for correct operation of park brakes.