REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
3.0L Flexible Fuel (FF) Vehicles
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel filler tank cap to relieve the fuel tank pressure.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure. There is a pressure relief valve located on the fuel injection supply manifold for this purpose. For more details regarding this procedure, please refer to the fuel pressure relief procedure located earlier in this section.
- Disengage the flexible fuel sensor electrical connector.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front right-hand side tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the fuel line retaining clip, and the fuel line from the fuel mixer at the inlet hose using Fuel Lines Disconnect Tool ( 3 / 8 in.) T90T-9550-C, or equivalent.
- Disconnect the flexible fuel sensor outlet hose using Fuel Line Disconnect Tool ( 3 / 8