Removal & Installation
To prevent equipment damage, never connect or disconnect the wiring harness connection from the EBCM with the ignition switch in the ON position.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Turn OFF the ignition.
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove the air deflector shield.
- Remove the right front wheelhouse liner.
Remove the washer solvent container bracket.
NOTEThe area around the electronic brake control module (EBCM) must be free from loose dirt to prevent contamination of dissembled ABS components.
- Thoroughly clean all of the contaminants from and around the EBCM assembly.
Press the retainer on the EBCM electrical connector (1).
- Rotate the EBCM connector tab (2) forward to the unlocked position.
- Disconnect the EBCM electrical connector (1) from the EBCM and position out of the way.
- Remove and discard the 4 EBCM to brake pressure modulator valve (BPMV) screws.
- Clean the surface of the EBCM/BPMV assembly. Important: The EBCM cannot be repaired. If faulty, the unit must be replaced.
Separate the EBCM (1) from the BPMV (2).
- Clean the seal surface of the BPMV (2).
- Install the EBCM (1) to the BPMV (2).
Make sure that the internal pump motor connector (3) is installed into the new EBCM (1) prior to EBCM replacement.
NOTEUse New EBCM/BPMV screws after separating the EBCM from the BPMV.
Install the 4 NEW screws connecting the EBCM to the BPMV and tighten the screws in sequence (1-4) to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Connect the EBCM electrical connector (1) to the EBCM (3).
- Rotate the EBCM connector tab (2) rearward to the locked position.
- Install the washer solvent container bracket.
- Install the wheelhouse liner.
- Install the air deflector shield.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Use the scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.