Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the air cleaner intake duct.
NOTEDo not completely remove the fan from the crank adapter shaft.
- Loosen the fan nut from the crank adapter shaft using J41240-5A .
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the engine wiring harness from the engine frame and reposition aside.
- Continue to loosen the fan nut and disconnect the fan from the crank adapter shaft.
Remove fan from vehicle.
- Install fan from vehicle.
- Connect the fan to the crank adapter shaft.
- Connect the engine wiring harness to the engine frame.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Tighten the fan nut to the crank adapter shaft using J41240-5A and tighten to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Install the air cleaner intake duct.