Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the front frame assembly. See the procedure in suspension.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Front propeller shaft
- Secure the differential to a transmission jack.
- Remove the differential-to-oil pan bolts.
- Remove the differential and the intermediate drive shaft as an assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the differential bolts in the sequence shown to 81 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
- Check the differential fluid level and fill as needed.