Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the wheel hub/bearing assembly.
- Remove the outer tie rod-to-steering knuckle nut.
- Disconnect the tie rod from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the brake hose bracket bolts.
- Remove the upper and lower control arm ball joint-to-knuckle nuts.
- Separate the lower ball joint from the knuckle.
- Remove the steering knuckle.
If the ball joints are to be removed, press the appropriate ball joint out the mounting.
- If a ball joint was removed, install the appropriate ball joint.
- Install the steering knuckle to the upper and lower ball joints.
- Install new ball joint nuts and tighten the nuts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm), plus an additional 210°.
- Install the brake hose bracket bolts.
- Connect the outer tie rod to the steering knuckle and tighten the retaining nut to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
- Install the wheel hub/ bearing assembly.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.