Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Separate the upper arm from the knuckle using Ball Joint Remover J-43631. Do not use a pickle fork or pry bar to separate the arm.
Remove the upper arm-to-frame mounting bolts and nuts and remove the upper control arm.
- Install the upper control arm and loosely install the mounting nuts and bolts.
- Connect the arm to the knuckle.
- Tighten the arm-to-knuckle nut to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm), plus an additional 210°. Tighten the arm-to-frame nuts and bolts to 111 ft. lbs. (150 Nm).
- Install the wheel.