Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the camshafts.
Remove the rocker arm and camshaft follower.
NOTEThe arms should be installed in their original location during assembly.
- Remove the rocker arms. If more than 1 rocker arm is to be removed, identify each rocker arm location.
- Remove the valve lifters.
- Using clean engine oil, fill the lifter and lubricate the bores in the cylinder heads.
- Install the lifters.
Apply engine assembly lubricant to the rocker arm as shown.
NOTEThe camshaft follower must be positioned squarely on the valve tip so the full width of the roller contacts the camshaft lobe.
- Install the follower so the rounded head goes on the hydraulic lash adjuster and the flat end goes on the valve tip.
- Install the camshafts.