Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Separate the lower control arm from knuckle using Ball Joint Remover J-43631.
- Loosen the steering gear mounting nuts and raise the steering gear.
- Remove the control arm to cradle nuts and bolts.
- Lower the control arm at the frame and move the ball joint upward.
Remove the lower control arm.
- Install the lower arm on the ball joint and move the arm up to meet the cradle.
- Install the lower arm-to-cradle nuts and bolts. Tighten the nuts to 96 ft. lbs. (135 Nm).
- Lower the steering gear and install the bolts. Tighten the bolts to 89 ft. lbs. (120 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Lower control arm-to-steering knuckle nut. Tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm) plus 210°
- Lower the vehicle.