No adjustment is necessary
Removal & Installation
The wheel bearing is integral with the wheel hub and cannot be replaced separately. If the wheel bearing is found to be defective, the wheel hub must be replaced as an assembly.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- On AWD models, remove axle hub nut and discard.
- On all models, remove the brake caliper and wire it out of the way.
- Remove the brake rotor.
- Disconnect the ABS sensor connector.
- On AWD models, install tool J-45859 onto the wheel hub and secure with 2 lug nuts.
- Use the tool to disengage the halfshaft from the wheel hub and bearing. Support the halfshaft.
- On all models from the backside, remove the wheel hub/bearing retaining bolts.
Remove the wheel hub/bearing assembly.
- Install the wheel hub/bearing and tighten the bolts to 100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm).
- Install a new axle shaft nut and tighten the nut to 118 ft. lbs. (160 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
ABS sensor connector