Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Depressurize the fuel system and drain the fuel into a suitable container.
- Remove the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors and fuel line fittings.
- Remove any dirt that has accumulated around the fuel pump module attaching flange to prevent it from entering the tank during service.
- Turn the fuel pump module locking ring counterclockwise using a locking ring removal tool, and remove the locking ring.
- Raise the fuel pump and disconnect the fuel transfer tube.
- Remove the fuel pump module.
- Remove the seal gasket and discard it.
- Ensure the new seal bead is facing the fuel tank.
- Reverse the removal procedure to install the fuel pump(s).
- Install the tank in the vehicle.
- Install a minimum of 10 gallons (38L) of fuel and check for leaks.
- Check for fuel leaks at the fittings.
- Turn the ignition ON for 2 seconds. Turn the ignition OFF for 10 seconds. Turn the ignition ON and check for fuel leaks.