Removal & Installation
Before servicing any electrical component, the ignition key must be in the OFF or LOCK position and all electrical loads must be OFF, unless instructed otherwise in these procedures. If a tool or equipment could easily come in contact with a live exposed electrical terminal, also disconnect the negative battery cable. Failure to follow these precautions may cause personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition switch to the START position.
Insert the awl into the lower steering column trim cover access hole.
- Press in the release button using the awl.
- Release the ignition switch to the RUN position.
- Remove the ignition lock cylinder.
- Align the positioning locking tab slot on the lock module to the positioning tab on the ignition lock cylinder.
- Push the lock cylinder in until the locking tab locks in the lock module.
- Connect the negative battery cable.