- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Center the steering wheel.
Install Steering Column Anti-rotation pin J-42640 to lock the steering column.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- On all models, remove the steering gear mounting bolts.
- Remove the left rear lower control arm-to-frame mounting bolt and nut.
- Remove the steering gear through the left wheel opening.
- Install the steering gear through the left wheel opening.
- Install the left rear lower control arm-to-frame mounting bolt and nut.
- Install the steering gear mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to 134 ft. lbs. (180 Nm).
- On AWD models, lower the differential.
- On AWD models, install the right engine mount-to-frame nut and tighten to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- On AWD models, remove the differential jack.
Install or connect the following:
Left brake line to brake hose
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the steering wheel anti-rotation pin.
- Fill the power steering oil reservoir.
- Bleed the steering system.
- Check and adjust the front wheel toe.
- Start the vehicle and check for leaks.