The front wheels must be in the straight ahead position and the steering column locked before disconnect the intermediate shaft. Failure to do so may result in damage to the SRS coil.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Center the steering wheel.
Install Steering Column Anti-rotation pin J-42640 to lock the steering column.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- On all models, remove the steering gear mounting bolts.
- Remove the left rear lower control arm-to-frame mounting bolt and nut.
- Remove the steering gear through the left wheel opening.
- Install the steering gear through the left wheel opening.
- Install the left rear lower control arm-to-frame mounting bolt and nut.
- Install the steering gear mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to 134 ft. lbs. (180 Nm).
- On AWD models, lower the differential.
- On AWD models, install the right engine mount-to-frame nut and tighten to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- On AWD models, remove the differential jack.
Install or connect the following:
Left brake line to brake hose
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the steering wheel anti-rotation pin.
- Fill the power steering oil reservoir.
- Bleed the steering system.
- Check and adjust the front wheel toe.
- Start the vehicle and check for leaks.