Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Disconnect the Magnaride and headlight adjustment sensor link from the upper control arm.
- Raise and support the lower control arm with a jack.
- Remove the shock absorber lower mounting bolt.
- Lower the control arm and remove the jack.
- Support the rear frame with a jack.
- Remove the 4 rear frame to body bolts and lower the frame far enough to remove the coil spring without going past the guide pins.
Remove the coil spring.
- Install the coil spring.
- Raise the frame and install the mounting bolts. Tighten the front bolts to 195 ft. lbs. (265 Nm), and the rear bolts to 140 ft. lbs. (191 Nm).
- Remove the frame jack.
- Place a jack under the lower control arm.
- Raise the jack until the shock absorber aligns with the lower control arm.
- Install the lower shock bolt and tighten the bolt to 111 ft. lbs. (150 Nm).
- Remove the jack.
- Connect the Magnaride and headlight adjustment link to the upper control arm.
- Install the rear wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.