Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Mark the position of the wiper arms on the windshield.
- Remove the caps from the wiper arm nuts. Loosen, but not fully remove the nuts. Gently rock the wiper arm back and forth and pull it from the shaft. Once loose, remove the nut and the arm.
- Remove the liftgate retaining screw, liftgate rod cover and liftgate rod.
- Partially remove the trim panel near the rear courtesy lamp.
- Unplug the electrical connectors, then remove the liftgate trim panel.
- Disconnect the fluid line from the wiper motor.
- Disconnect the wire connector from the wiper motor.
- Remove the wiper motor attaching bolts.
- Pull the wiper motor through the shaft grommet.
- Lubricate the wiper motor shaft with windshield washer fluid. Push the wiper motor shaft through the grommet.
- Apply thread lock to the wiper motor attaching bolts.
- Install the wiper motor attaching bolts. Tighten the bolts to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Engage the wire connector to the wiper motor.
- Connect the fluid line to the wiper motor.
- Install the interior liftgate trim panel.
- Install the rear wiper arm.